A beautiful day and a tasty barbecue can all be ruined when pests begin to fly in. Outdoor pests are always prevalent during the warm months. Unfortunately bringing pests into your backyard can mean that they may errantly enter your home or sting your guests. Pests are even more dangerous when one or more guests is allergic to these stings. So how do you enjoy a backyard barbecue without being driven crazy by pests? ICU Pest Control in Ontario has a few tips to help!
Pest Free BBQ Tips
- Provide Bug Spray with Deet: Mosquitoes can carry many different diseases that are dangerous to humans. Apply bug spray liberally when heading outdoors for long periods of time. Make sure that you apply bug spray in a well ventilated room that does not have food, children, or animals present.
- Avoid Heavily Perfumed Lotions/Candles: Wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets are all attracted to strong smells so lay off of the scented lotion. Certain foods; mint and marigolds are natural wasp deterrents.
- Cover Drinks: Wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets are very sneaky and will creep into cans. Covering the opening of a can will ensure that no stinging pests are lurking inside your drink.
- Check Your Home For Holes: Holes and cracks in siding or screens can allow for stinging pests to enter a home. You can also head inside when mosquitoes get too thick,
- Clean Up After Yourself: Pests feed on discarded food, spilled drinks, and unattended meals. Keep food in containers and only open to serve yourself. If you spill, clean it up!
ICU Pest Control in Ontario has hundreds of tips for proper pest control techniques. We can also help home and business owners deal with indoor and outdoor infestations. Call us today to schedule an appointment.